What we can expect from the jobs bill

A forum for our dear friend, Preston, also known as "The Texan" and a charter member of "The Westies". His inimicable wit will be missed.

Moderator: moonflower

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Re: What we can expect from the jobs bill

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:10 pm

So does every other guy... Get in line.. :shrug:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:05 pm

LadySaturn wrote:So does every other guy... Get in line.. :shrug:

Where does the line start? Wow,...it's like the premiere of the new Star Wars movie!! :bow:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:02 pm

LOL.. :lol: :lol: :bow:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:08 am

Hey Hey Every Body Listen Up, I'm an Obama Groupie or better yet a born and bred Democrat that has in the past voted for a Republican here and there when warranted. I've been holding on to the Presidents hand as he has been slipping and have been refusing to let go. The Presidents lack of toughness with the GOP is making my hand sweat and it's getting harder and harder to hang on. It's almost time to let go. He has got to get beligerent if necessary with the GOP and push his agenda to the max. If the middle class arrodes any further the rich will be left holding the bag anyway so why not join us now. Misery loves company 29% tax for the wealthy. I can't believe how many unemployed and underemployed people believe in trickle down economics. Ever heard of "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" The goverment right now is the only entity that is going to do it and not even consider it as a risk and invest in major infrastructure projects. We need another Hoover Dam. It's time for the Great Chinese Wall of America. We need a major pull together project that will bring us together and kick this new millenium in the ass. Something relative to energy. The private sector is not capable of pulling off or risking capital on such a thing and Hey we have a whole bunch of NASA folks looking for work. It's not like they are rocket scientists but maybe they could figure something out. :mrgreen: How about a massive high intensity solar panel sent into space that collects power from the Sun and transmits power back to Earth. Beamed to dishes located in the nuclear power plants that allows the plants to be slowly taken off line. A safe source of power except for the UV rays of course. You wouldn't want to get a tan on the roof of the power plant :mrgreen: Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:51 am

If you're gonna use my 29% to build a wall then I'm gonna have to recuse myself.

I'll support you in your bid for Czar of Holding the President's Hand ... but a wall seems like nothing more than busy work.
Once it's finished what have you got to show for your labors but a blocked view.
Used up a lotta resources
Cut down a lotta tress
And now I can't freaking see Saskatchewan from summer home in the drilling fields of North Montana.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:43 am

It could very well be the beginning of another Dark Ages. Power consumed, technology implodes, governments collapse, Roaming bands of Armed thugs,
complete Anarchy, at least for awhile. Pretty soon small communites would form again. They'd have to,...or most wouldn't survive. Trade would eventually start again between these emergent towns, and they'll likely form alliances with each other. In a few years there will be regional scripts that are good only in specific areas of the world. As the power and influence of that region grows,..so does the value of it's particular script. Until eventually there's a one world government again,...the entire economy defaults,...and we start all over again. Bad Karma I guess. :computer:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:00 pm

The wall or great wall of China is a metaphor. I'm not saying let's build a wall never even entered my mind Preston. I live on the Canadian border not the Mexican border so a wall is not on my mind as a necessity. We need a project as big as the undertaking of building the great wall of China or Hoover Dam. Something huge with great social significance for all to benefit from.
Hello bags, I hope your 200 rounds and a couple boxes of shot gun shells will be enough my friend. It should be enough along with a tank of gas to get you and your's over to my neck of the woods my friend. :thumbsup: Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:15 pm

When next you hold the president's hand you should suggest as his campaign slogan ... Metaphorical jobs for everyone !!

:thewave:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:46 am

preston wrote:When next you hold the president's hand you should suggest as his campaign slogan ... Metaphorical jobs for everyone !!

:thewave:
I'm beginning to think you're actually a Republican in sheeps clothing! :computer:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:52 am

So we know who is an Obama groupies.. All groupies step to the right, every body else to the left. Now throw tomatoes at one another. BUT DON'T HIT ME OR THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY!!! :soapbox: :twisted:

We truly need a leader who has an inkling and common sense as to what to do. That's the problem the past two have had anything but experience and common sense.

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:10 pm

John Eccles wrote of a profound and enduring link between the dynamics of consciousness and the structure of the universe itself.

I think the same relationship can be seen in the political process.
If the people lack the acumen to see through the campaign chicanery then the elected will mirror the electorate in their lack of common sense.

:computer:

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:27 am

Heloo Preston, I've been thinking quite a bit about your last post. I'm almost grasping it and then it just slips from my present state of mental capacity. :shrug: I think it's similair to we get what we pay for. I'm confused. Seriously! As I come here lately I find my words harder to come by. It's very troubling so please bare with me. No bags! I don't mean let's take off our clothes. :mrgreen: Take Care

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:01 am

I think it's similair to we get what we pay for.
Michael ... that's an interesting interpretation.

I'd throw in a dash of Karma and a touch of kismet.

In the case of our current situation ... I think we the people are more responsible for what the folks in charge are doing than we'd like to admit.
If you've followed the declining morality and the death of common sense over the last several decades you may have come to the same conclusion that I did ... which is, the disease flows from the top down.
But I'm not as convinced of that as I once was.
I don't think we can blame it all on corrupt politicians, banksters and CEO's.

We The People have become a kind of dumbed-down, corrupt, morally deficient version of what we once were ... and we no longer seem to be in control of our destiny.
Until we're willing to retake control ... we're pretty much stuck with the current band of outlaws ... who've figured out they can get away with pretty much anything.

:computer:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:09 am

and how would you suggest we go about taking control back? Once control is secured how would you make things better? and who the F--- is John Eccles? :computer:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:55 pm

bags123 wrote:and how would you suggest we go about taking control back?
You know how sometimes there are things you want to do ... and the guys in charge don't want you doing them ... but you do them anyway cuz you aren't gonna let a bunch of pig-headed, elitist control freaks tell you what you can or can't do.

I think that's how you go about it.

~

Return to “Preston, aka Jerry LaVergne”