The Gullible Mind Explained

A forum for our dear friend, Preston, also known as "The Texan" and a charter member of "The Westies". His inimicable wit will be missed.

Moderator: moonflower

preston
Forever Silent Friend

The Gullible Mind Explained

Post by preston » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:19 am

Not a great explanation ... but any explanation is better than no explanation at all.

:arrow: http://www.naturalnews.com/032293_gullible_minds.html

I've always resisted being one of those people who constantly talks about how gullible (read, stupid) eveyone else is.
Though there are times when my frustration over the collective gullibility gets the better of me.

But if we accept the hypothesis that most us us are victims of social engineering in the form of the daily propaganda we're bombarded with ... then can you really blame your average citizen for being gullible ?

:computer:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Re: The Gullible Mind Explained

Post by bags123 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:37 am

preston wrote:Not a great explanation ... but any explanation is better than no explanation at all.

:arrow: http://www.naturalnews.com/032293_gullible_minds.html

I've always resisted being one of those people who constantly talks about how gullible (read, stupid) eveyone else is.
Though there are times when my frustration over the collective gullibility gets the better of me.

But if we accept the hypothesis that most us us are victims of social engineering in the form of the daily propaganda we're bombarded with ... then can you really blame your average citizen for being gullible ?

Unlike you,....I tend to be one of those people who constantly talk about how stupid (read gullible) people have become. To the point,...where I question my own sanity sometimes, because so many of my opinions are so far from center stream in American culture.(or whats left of it) I increasingly see myself as an oddball in society for my views,...yet I'm constantly amazed that more people don't share them. :shrug: It's always nice when you find a few folks who still feel the same way you do,...in general. I can work with almost anyone really. I try to see the positive in people rather than dwell on the negative. Of course that's nearly impossible to do with an A--hole,...and they do seem to be multipyling out there. Yes,....I think there's been social engineering going on,....it's been going on for thousands of years. That's largely what makes a culture. I'm Ok with that part. What's going on now appears to be mass delusions. IMHO. :computer:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:19 pm

bags123 wrote:Unlike you,....I tend to be one of those people who constantly talk about how stupid (read gullible) people have become. To the point,...where I question my own sanity sometimes, because so many of my opinions are so far from center stream in American culture.(or whats left of it) I increasingly see myself as an oddball in society for my views,...yet I'm constantly amazed that more people don't share them.
Is that why you swore off politics and religion ?

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:56 pm

No, he swore it off because he got sick of arguing with people who are so gulliable minded.. :hello:

Nice to know, Bagsy that I'm not the only one who questions her sanity... I guess that's why we're a bunch of crazy nuts around here.. And I couldn't agree more with what you said and yes the A-holes out there are multiplying... Come to Michigan and you'll find them ever freaking where.. especially in Lansing... :no:

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:35 pm

LadySaturn wrote:No, he swore it off because he got sick of arguing with people who are so gulliable minded.. :hello:
I luv the way you always take a contrary approach to whatever I say ... even when we're essentially saying the same thing.
It's one of your more endearing qualities.

:cool:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:59 pm

preston wrote:
bags123 wrote:Unlike you,....I tend to be one of those people who constantly talk about how stupid (read gullible) people have become. To the point,...where I question my own sanity sometimes, because so many of my opinions are so far from center stream in American culture.(or whats left of it) I increasingly see myself as an oddball in society for my views,...yet I'm constantly amazed that more people don't share them.

Partly,....and partly because my opinions are largely irrelavent today to anybody but me. :hello:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:06 pm

preston wrote:
LadySaturn wrote:No, he swore it off because he got sick of arguing with people who are so gulliable minded.. :hello:
I luv the way you always take a contrary approach to whatever I say ... even when we're essentially saying the same thing.
It's one of your more endearing qualities.

:cool:
Oh good lord.. :roll:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:08 pm

bags123 wrote:
preston wrote:

Partly,....and partly because my opinions are largely irrelevant today to anybody but me. :hello:
Irrelevant my ass.. Your opinions do matter. Da hell with what society thinks. They can go sit and spin.... If you have a voice Bagsy, use it damnit! :soapbox:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:53 am

I've had a bad case of laryngitis lately. I've noticed it gets worse with each passing year. :shrug:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Fine then tell me what you want to say and I'll yell it throughout the streets, you old irish fart. That's the problem with you old farts during your younger hay days you guys were all willing to protest and fight for what was right and now you've been like basset hounds. Not doing much but laying around, sleeping and occasionally lifting your leg every now and then to lay a stinky.. It's like you let old age get the best of you... Ah well, I guess it just means that the torch has been on to my generation.. VIVA REVOLUTION!!! :soapbox:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:21 pm

Funny. I kind of feel like an old Basset Hound lately. :computer:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:08 pm

:lol: Dude, I didn't literally mean you were one I was just saying.... Man, old age getting the best of you. :lol:

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:02 am

LadySaturn wrote: :lol: Dude, I didn't literally mean you were one I was just saying.... Man, old age getting the best of you. :lol:
Oh ... so that explains why you carry that little plastic bag and scooper when you take him out for a walk.

:thumbsup:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 am

Geesh,...a dude can't even mark his territory anymore? :shrug:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:53 pm

:lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Return to “Preston, aka Jerry LaVergne”