DC street thugs

A forum for our dear friend, Preston, also known as "The Texan" and a charter member of "The Westies". His inimicable wit will be missed.

Moderator: moonflower

preston
Forever Silent Friend

DC street thugs

Post by preston » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:09 pm

These guys must really hate lemonade.

:arrow: http://www.adamvstheman.com/blog/update ... at-capitol

:badword:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Re: DC street thugs

Post by LadySaturn » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:54 pm

The government at it's best... Or I should say sour hour.. Get it cause it's lemonade, lemons are sour... I know weak... Any who, this is pathetic on the police department's part. If kids wanna sell lemonade, they should be able to. I mean come on how many of us grew up selling lemonade with our very own little lemonade stands. And in this economy all the kids are doing is trying to make a buck. God bless them at least they found work...If crap continues the way it is in Michigan, I too might just end up setting up a lemonade stand.. :shrug:

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:28 am

Wait ... you thought it was the police I was referring to as thugs ?

:shrug:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:44 am

I had a lemonade stand on our street one summer. Actually,...it was a Kool Aid stand. I had Grape, Cherry, and Lime flavors. The Cherry sold the best, followed by the Grape. Nobody liked the Lime. Probably because it was green. That's why some people won't try guacomole. It's a shame. Love the stuff myself. Goes well with chips, and a Corona. :cheers:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:00 am

In Texas just about everybody likes guacamole.
The few who don't were probably gullible enough to believe an older sibling who told them it was baby puke ... and so missed out on a truely great taste sensation.

:thumbsup:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:07 am

preston wrote:In Texas just about everybody likes guacamole.
The few who don't were probably gullible enough to believe an older sibling who told them it was baby puke ... and so missed out on a truely great taste sensation.

:thumbsup:
I had Moutain Oysters one time in Dallas. The last time actually. Didn't care much for them, even before I found out what they were. :shrug:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:57 am

Were they served with guacamole ?

~

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:56 pm

preston wrote:Were they served with guacamole ?

~
As I recall it was at a restaurant overlooking Stemmons Freeway. Some kind of steakhouse with little or no guacomole. They do however have excellent guacomole in Texas as a rule. Just not at this particular restaurant. :computer:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:01 pm

preston wrote:Wait ... you thought it was the police I was referring to as thugs ?

:shrug:
Well naturally when someone says DC street thugs, I automatically assume they're talking about the government.. I mean considering their ties with Wall Street, who knows I thought the government formed a gang or something. :shrug: I'm surprised you didn't catch on to what I was saying. :shrug:

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:37 pm

LadySaturn wrote: I'm surprised you didn't catch on to what I was saying. :shrug: [/color]
I'm usually surprised when I do.

:hello:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:49 am

preston wrote:
LadySaturn wrote: I'm surprised you didn't catch on to what I was saying. :shrug: [/color]
I'm usually surprised when I do.

:hello:
That what she said. :hello:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:21 am

Off with her head !

~

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:38 am

I think we have a miscommunication problem here. North vs South, Italian vs Texan, Young vs Old, Catholic vs Holy Roller? Something weirds going on,...and it ain't me this time! At least I don't think so. Not any weirder than usual anyway. Well,....at least I don't live in Canada. That's something to be thankful for eh? I sometimes imagine poor old ET sitting on an old kitchen stool in the corner of a log cabin,under the pale glow of a woodstove, while huddled under
a bearskin blanket shivering. One day next July,...when Spring finally arrives on the Tundra up there,...they'll probably find whats left of him after the wolves are done. Yup,...all we've got to worry about now in Upstate is earthquakes. That,...and Indian uprisings of course. :computer:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

preston
Forever Silent Friend

Post by preston » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:06 am

It's not the Indians that the DC thugs are worried about.

http://www.salon.com/news/env/environme ... ds_protest

:smash:

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn

Post by LadySaturn » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:54 pm

Don't forget hurricanes bagsy.. I heard there's a whopper heading for the East Coast.. And I'm Christian, my father grew up Catholic and then became Christian.. Apparently you Catholics have too many rules for my dad to follow.. Plus all the sitting, standing and kneeling... Good Lord, I don't think the Almighty wants to see us working up a sweat in church unless we've done something we shouldn't have the night before thus being the reason why we're there to begin with. :hello: And as for the Texan and I, it's always been like this with the two of us... We'll banter for a bit, he'll start flirting, I'll say something that'll hurt him and then I have to apologize and end up flirting back and it starts up all over again.. Come to think of it, it's like being married.. Cripes.. :shock: :shock:

If you'll excuse me, I need to go find E.T. See if the wolves have gotten to him yet... :book:

Return to “Preston, aka Jerry LaVergne”