Remembering Zubairi Atamvaku Nasseem

Tribute forum for our friend and fellow poet, Zubairi Atamvaku Naseem.

Moderator: moonflower

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:31 pm

From Radio KATWE online response:

Dear Radio Katwe,

I am an american who was in brief contact with Zubairi Atamvaku Nasseem . He frequented a poetry site that I also visited and we used to have many interesting discussions about Africa and America both. I am very very saddened to read of his death. Here is a link to many of his poems that he left on our poetry site.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8000

any other information you could give us about his life and or death would be appreciated

thank you

David "gordy" Whitehill

Hamilton Ohio
United States of America

Dear Radio Katwe:

Some friends and I have found your site through a web search for one of our acquaintances, Zubairi Atamvaku Nasseem. Your article http://radiokatwe.com/baruhazawasomi080723.htm mentions him (we believe) and talks of his death. If there is any additional information we would be most pleased to hear it.

Our knowledge of Zubairi is only through his association with us as a poet on our website, PoetryPages.com. His moving works and his extremely intelligent and thoughtful commentary on other poems were always greatly treasured. We have created an "archive" for his poems on our site, but have, sadly, lost most of his comments.

If the Zubairi mentioned in your article is indeed our dear friend of the Poetry Pages, we are deeply saddened at the loss of such a remarkable soul.

Our sincerest best wishes go out to his family and to the people of Uganda.

Sincerely;

Heinz Scheuenstuhl
Administrator, PoetryPages.com

Indeed it seems to be the same person. Readers responded to an inquiry about his whereabouts which appeared in Readers Letters of June 15 2008 at baruhazawasomi080715.htm

We hope someone with more information will contact you by posting at your website, or through us, we shall be happy to publish any such information.
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Re: Remembering Zubairi Atamvaku Nasseem

Post by gordy » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:11 pm

well at least we know our emails got through, hopefully someone fills in some of the missing details..... :darn:
-----------------------------

My Jesus hung out with thieves and sluts and liars, which Jesus do you worship?

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Procrastination is his cohort
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:36 pm

Omg, what happened? :shock: Last time I talked to Zubairi was like last May. We were talking about the differences between America and Africa political and nature wise. I even sent him my I.M. addy so we could have future chit chats and share story and poetry ideas. Man, this is sad.. It seems like everytime I turn around one of our familia members is either in the hospital, close to dying or have died of something. This sucks. This truly freaking sucks. :crying: :crying:

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:59 am

well if you were talking to him last may then thats a good sign because i thought these links said he died in 2007?? maybe i am just remembering them wrong though..... :darn:

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

heinzs
The Fat Cat
Tag line: Do no harm

Post by heinzs » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:44 pm

If you were in contact with him, try again. We'd like to know for sure one way or other. The folks in Nigeria seem to think his profile matches the obit in question.
An' it harm none, do what ye will. Blessed Be.
My Poet's Page Archive | Topics I've started

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:34 am

Rest in Peace "Z". A good man, who passionatly wanted change for his people and his homeland. :cheers:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

LadySaturn
Ruler of Saturn
Tag line: Poet Laureate Nov 2011

Post by LadySaturn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:12 pm

I'm getting as much as you are, Pops. No response what so ever. I tried for the past four days.

Moushka
Blue Sea Poet
Tag line: Trusting God

Post by Moushka » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:34 pm

What was his name on the pages? oh maybe nasseem? I can't remember too well if I had much dialog with Ravyn or nasseem?, or not as IMSANE before they died? oh :soapbox: it, noone can find the rewind button anyway so I guess I'll never find out :computer: just continue on with my life......maybe they'll know my name if I saw them in heaven :angel: :cheers: :devil: :shrug: a thought that can be pondered but never proved......if i put way too much thought into it, i'll end up like this :no: or this :shock: or this :evil: so I'll just stick with this :arrow: and this :darn: and this :twisted: and continue to do this :book: and this :hearts: not this :smash: and everything will be this :cool: ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, :twisted:
Stuck on Number 2. Learning to begin.
1.Believe 2.Belong 3.Become
1.Awareness 2.Acceptance 3.Action

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:05 am

Has Zubairi's death been confirmed? God Bless Him
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:57 am

not really, i think we need to reopen this case!

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:47 am

I think Heinz found several references on line somewhere, that Z had joined a Marxist group in AFrica, and was killed.
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:53 am

From the internet regarding Z:

Hallo RK,

Kudos

A reader wrote asking about whereabouts of Zubairi Atamvaku. Zubairi died in Nairobi about three years ago. I can't remember the exact date.

What I can remember is that he died a dejected person living in Nairobi's filthy Kibera slums.

I don't remember details of the causes of his death but I'll reach a person who was very close to him in Nairobi and during his time in exile and give details about his death.

Atamvaku was one person with a near religious belief in the liberation of our country and paid the bitter price. I know he spent years in Kinshasa seeking for ways of assisting a struggle against Tuhaburwa's tyranny but to no avail.

Unfortunately for him he dealt a lot with people who were either double agents by design or double agents but force (those forced by the hardships of exile life to peddle information in order to be able to get some ugali.

Etome

More on Zubair Zubair Atamvako

This is to inform Clement O that Zubair Atamvako died in Nairobi Kenya several years ago of natural causes. This follows the failure of his rebel enterprise in which he wanted to turn Uganda over to the Sudanese Islamists.

When the rebellion he was leading failed he ended up in Nairobi where he lived a hard life of starvation, hunger, misery, poverty, disease, etc

Indeed Atamvako who I knew right from Makerere University was a person full of potential and who could have risen to greater heights in society had he not taken the route of rebellion. He was a potential who just got wasted and was used by the Sudanese Islamists to front their aganda for black Afrcica but who later abondoned him.

That a brief on Zubair Atamvako.

Peter O,
Kampala

Dear editor thanks for this story of Zubairi this man was killed by M7 through hajat Anuna. this Zubairi was with me in Congo during the war we used to eat together in Kinshasa. he was staying in a hotel called Memeling and I was staying in Diplomat. we had good talks he told me about his escape from Uganda actually he was fearing for his life. a person was sent from Uganda to poison him. I had told him to come to London but he refused to come. he told me that he wanted to finish his job of liberating Uganda but this people got him like Mayombo first but his blood will haunt them until they will meet him in hell. this Anuna has killed many people not only Zubairi. she will meet her death like Zubairi too who had known that Sadam would die?

By Aluma

Poet of the Month
March 2011

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:56 am

right, i found all that but lelo said accounts like this are not always accurate and he was going to look into it , but i think it may have slipped through the cracks etc.....from everything i could find though it does seem like he was killed. i sent several emails to the website that reported this and also to the college where he taught in africa but i did not get any responses , i think maybe heinz got one response from a radio station website maybe :shrug: :crying:

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

MJPease
Quixotic Rambler

Post by MJPease » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:25 am

Hello Gordy, I recall a message you relayed to me the other day. :shrug: You were under the assumption that I died. :crying: You now the best part of your assumption. I got to know about it :mrgreen: Let's hope the same holds true for Zubairi. I have always admired him,and that's just from his words. Take Care
Take me back, so far back, adjust this fate. Afeared lately of pen, in abscence of light. The fear I might stumble upon a plagiarized soul. Wipe this dark slate clean, regain my thought. Add the words that rekindle my depth of soul.

Sincerely

Michael J Pease

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Post by gordy » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:46 am

very true michael, i think i got you confused with a fellow named richard who became sick around the same time as you from what i can remember....i probably have that wrong too, lol.............anyway, i hope zan pops up sometime and this is all a mistake :thumbsup: :angel:

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

Return to “Zubairi Atamvaku Naseem”