House Rules

Forum for spiritual, inspirational and religiously oriented poetry and discussion.

Moderators: gordy, DarleneG

Forum rules
Forum for spiritual, inspirational and religiously oriented poetry and discussion.
Autoprune 12 months
audiofool
Blue Sea Poet

House Rules

Post by audiofool » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:52 am

The church of the only begotten
is soiled, thoroughly rotten
what's become of the chosen ones
lost to empty desire
and lust for guns?

the priest above the bloody altar
fleeced before the Sunday Psalter
the flock remains to offer up their brains
as the verities falter

the shrine of self
a monument to ME
the temple of capital
is a bona fide blasphemy

only love in action
can integrate our factions
and turn dismay to joy
we are workers in hope's employ

the Son will yet rise
light expose the lies
there is no equal, no substitute
The Spirit is free
and love is absolute

the kingdom of fear will fall
one love rule over all
one God and Father of heavenly lights
author of life, guarantor of our rights
may we be ever grateful
and pleasing in your sight.

audiofool
Blue Sea Poet

Re: House Rules

Post by audiofool » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:20 am

Amen to that! :angel:

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:13 am

If Jesus came back to earth today, I believe he'd be very unhappy with many of those who purport to be his followers.All the institutions that have risen in his name over the last couple millenia support the same principals Christ railed against while he was here. They've largely become more political in their teaching
than spiritual. Using their members ignorance of history, to fashion a Christ more compatible with the Materialistic 21st century world we inhabit. If Jesus
showed up for church one Sunday,...I bet he'd be turned away by many because he wasn't dressed in a respectable manner. It really irks me, that in some
elitist circles, admitting to be a Christian (however unorthodox) is tantamount to admitting you're uneducated. If anything,...they're the ones who are uneducated about who he actually was,...and what his message is. I don't think of Jesus as a dour faced sacrificial lamb. I imagine him full of energy, laughing, talking, explaining how God works, loves us all, and how the KIngdom of God can be found within each person. It's not a kingdom of great wealth materially, but once found it has the power to transform. Although my spiritual tradition is western, therefore greatly influenced by Christs teachings, I believe that there have been other great teachers, prophets, sages, etc,...who have communicated the same message in a slightly different way, depending
on the culture they taught in. That being said,...although Christ will always be my primary influence in how I express my own spirituality, I can greatly appreciate the lessons taught by the other great teachers from all over the world which relfect a similar purpose. Exposing, and expressing Gods love
Thought provoking poem!! :computer:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

audiofool
Blue Sea Poet

Post by audiofool » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:33 pm

Thanks, bags. I like your comments.

Read the Tao Te Ching and you'll find parallels to some of Christ's teachings. I believe in his mission, Jesus, at least in part, advocated a universal Judaism based on mercy, grace, and self-emptying (and perpetual) love, and that just didn't sit well with the powers vested in the system of his day. He welcomed (and still welcomes) all types without judgment, in violation of the established religious and social codes in place at the time. God's love is radical, powerful, and provokes a reaction wherever the Spirit is encountered.

Blessings.

Return to “Seeking the Spiritual”