Until That Day My Friend...

Forum in memory of our dear friend, Tom. He will be sorely missed.

Moderators: thief of dreams, gordy

thief of dreams
surrounded by shadows

Until That Day My Friend...

Post by thief of dreams » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:31 pm

ST LUKE
Chapter 11
:33 ‘No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light.’

Tom Watson was that light that shined brightest on some of the darkest of days. A man of great Faith who never took up reins in the hopes of leading a lamb to his faith but always extending a hand in the hopes that one may follow of their own desire to learn.

Tom was a man who opened his door and welcomed a complete stranger into the safety and security of all that he had. Without ever asking for anything in return except that they find their own path in life and become happy.

I was awed by the generosity that this man wanted desperately to bestow upon others. He asked for nothing and was ever so slightly offended when I would sneak off to pay the dinner bill before he could, on occasion.

Tom was a masterful storyteller with a heart of gold and an ear that would rival the intuition of most any Saint that ever lived. You didn’t have to say much for him to know how you were feeling. If you were feeling a little down he would be the first person to ask if you wanted to go see a movie or go bowling, or perhaps just get outside and let God show you the beauty of the world along the coast.

He had a great way of making you feel blessed to be alive and was always grateful for even the most minuscule things. He was a man that dealt with fear by facing it, a man who enjoyed the ability to stare temptation in the eyes and walk away without a second thought, a man who would never believe it but was in every single definable way, a Hero.

I will be forever grateful for having the chance to meet him, to know him, to love him and to remember him.

Go forth into the Kingdom of God my friend and worry not, for you shall receive all that you have bestowed upon others. You deserve it, whether you want it or not.

gordy
Windfall Prophet

Re: Until That Day My Friend...

Post by gordy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:24 am

i feel lucky just to have read his work and had conversations through the internet with him. you are truly blessed to have met him in person. he will indeed be sorley missed but we shall meet again i am sure of it.... :angel:
-----------------------------

My Jesus hung out with thieves and sluts and liars, which Jesus do you worship?

---Todd Agnew

Perfection is my enemy
Procrastination is his cohort
Persistence is my sword

---Gordy

Return to “Tom Watson's Whispers”