MY OWN DISGUST

Forum for your general poetry that may or may not also fit into other forums as well.

Moderators: Gillian, Spazway, moonflower

Forum rules
Forum for your general poetry that may or may not also fit into other forums as well. If you wouldn't want your 12-year old daughter to read it, don't post it here.
Autoprune 12 months.
Eric
A Poet in the Rain
Tag line: Learn this Life

MY OWN DISGUST

Post by Eric » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:30 pm

Twisted this life that, has burned me so deep ... dammed in this life the loves I can't keep
As I roll over, clenching my teeth .. feeling this fury boil beneath
I am tormented and im angry , I am alone and im forgot .. im tired of life, so disturbed and distraught
I need to make peace with whom I have become ... nothing to no one , a slowly fading beat of a drum
The love I can carry, the hate that I bare ... I am reaching the point, I'm h not sure that I care
Not care that I cant breath ... Not care I have no face ... No care I will die alone in this place
I want to be free as this guilt that I carry ... I want the one woman I thought I would marry
I want that one smile that cuts through me with love ... I want a life with the little girl im thinking of
But the anguish takes over ... my curse crushes this dream ... and lets me see clearly
I am what I seem ... someone who tried someone who failed
Someone who has witnessed his disgust as it was slowly unveiled

© 2014 Eric R. Garcia. All rights reserved
***Poetry Pages Poet of the Month June 2012***
Author Award winning Blizzards of Thought A Book of Reflection March 2011

Return to “General Poetry”