Bacchanalia

Forum for your general poetry that may or may not also fit into other forums as well.

Moderators: Gillian, Spazway, moonflower

Forum rules
Forum for your general poetry that may or may not also fit into other forums as well. If you wouldn't want your 12-year old daughter to read it, don't post it here.
Autoprune 12 months.
bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Bacchanalia

Post by bags123 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:54 am

Bacchanalia

I've walked amongst the flowers,
and felt each color was imbued
with it's own intrinsic power
to influence human moods

Pausing near the reddest roses,
painful memories will linger
Where a hidden thorn imposes
scarlet pricks upon my finger

Past the smiles from yellow daffodils
A purple lilac's scent is caught
Where hyacinths grow on the hill
in deeply planted thoughts.

Worried looks from white magnolias,
as I disturb their perfect prayer
For Springtime's bacchanalia,
and the loss of somber air
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan
Your brain is like an umbrella. It only works when it's open- Someone Smart

Poet of the Month
March 2011

poeticpiers
Forever Silent Friend

Re: Bacchanalia

Post by poeticpiers » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:56 am

Lovely to read if not experience just yet Spring is slow this year although a few brave crocuses and spindly daffodils are showing their faces beneath bare trees
Poet of the Month
May, 2011

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi Ivor,
The climate where I live in Upstate NY is very close to your own in the UK. Like you, we're just seeing the beginning of the daffodils, crocus, and other early
flowers just breaking ground. It's been a long rough winter here this year. I can't wait for Spring. :cheers:
I prefer to keep an open mind,....but not so much that my brains fall out.- Carl Sagan

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Bruno
MAXIMUS LUDICROUS

Post by Bruno » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:24 pm

Always a pleasure to read your poems Bags. I would call it a good beginning to the season! It's beginning to warm up in British Columbia but I tell you would I ever like to get away from the lower mainland. It's become a bloody lunatic asylum. We just don't have the infrastructure to deal with all the people who come here to live. I'd like to experience Spring...any season, even winter anywhere else but here.

bags123
Insufferable Crouton

Post by bags123 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:14 am

Bruno wrote:Always a pleasure to read your poems Bags. I would call it a good beginning to the season! It's beginning to warm up in British Columbia but I tell you would I ever like to get away from the lower mainland. It's become a bloody lunatic asylum. We just don't have the infrastructure to deal with all the people who come here to live. I'd like to experience Spring...any season, even winter anywhere else but here.
Hi Bruno,
You Canuckians are a hearty breed. :mrgreen: Something tells me you'd miss BC if you had the chance to leave. I've only been there once,..a couple years ago,.. to Vancouver. Great City. I love that Seattle to Vancouver corridor. Beautiful country. Lunatic Asylum! Howso? Personally,... the lunatics were one of my favorite parts when I visited Vancouver. :cheers:

Poet of the Month
March 2011

Return to “General Poetry”